0

Your Cart is Empty

The CORA-ntine Cuisine Round Up

The CORA-ntine Cuisine Round Up

Over the past week on CORA-ntine Cuisine, I got to reunite with several friends that Nicole and I have made over the years. Our incredible guests included Maria Shriver, Sheila E, Debi Mazar, Chef Gabriele Corcos, Chef Karen Akunowicz and the Shirley Temple King! Many of the guests spoke of the importance of taking care of your health and eating foods that boost your immune system. I personally like to follow the 80/20 rule. 80% of the time, I aim to eat clean, nutrient dense meals that fuel my body. I reserve the remaining 20% to indulge in sweet treats. I'm going to share two healthy recipes and one dessert recipe for the days when you want to indulge. 
 
The first recipe is for my Stuffed Eggplant with tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers and balsamic. When I realized Maria Shriver was going to be on the show, I knew I wanted to dive in and talk about the important work that she's doing with The Women's Alzheimers Movement. That day, I prepared my stuffed eggplant because it's full of vegetables that promote brain health!
 
After you scoop out the eggplant flesh, you're going to sauté the flesh with the other vegetables listed in the recipe. You're then going to place the mixed veggies in the eggplant halves and bake them for about 30 minutes. While you're waiting, you'll reduce balsamic vinegar into a thicker balsamic sauce that you will later pour over your stuffed eggplants. It adds the perfect tangy flavor to your meal! 
 
Healthy Lemony Tilapia
 
The next recipe I'll share with y'all is for my Healthy Lemony Tilapia with mushroom, zucchini and cauliflower rice. If you've got some tilapia in your freezer and don't know what to do with it, then this recipe is for you! I love tilapia because it's a great source of lean protein. One of the best things we can do to protect our bodies during this pandemic is to fuel it with healthy meals. This recipe is sure to help you do that. The best part is that you can make the entire meal in one pan! First, you'll sear the seasoned tilapia on both sides. You'll then remove the tilapia and replace it with mushrooms, zucchini and cauliflower rice. In less than 30 minutes, you'll have a delicious high protein, low carb dinner. 
 
Lemon Curd Cake
 
The last recipe I'm going to share is for those 20% days when you're craving something sweet. A few days ago, I got to chat with the legendary Sheila E! She just released her new single, Lemon Cake and I'm already in love with it. When it came time for us to chat on CORA-ntine Cuisine I knew I had to bust out my Lemon Curd Cake recipe. You might notice that this is the 2nd recipe I've mentioned that features lemons. We are so lucky to have a lemon tree right in our backyard, so I try to infuse the citrus fruit in as many meals as possible! 
 
With this recipe, you'll be making lemon curd from scratch. The key to making the perfect lemon curd is to keep the flame on low underneath the double boiler. Though you'll initially need a high heat to get the water boiling in the lower pot of the double boiler, you'll need to turn the heat down once you add the egg yolks into the upper bowl. That way the yolks won't curdle as you whisk the mixture. This Lemon Curd Cake is one of my absolute favorite desserts to make and eat! As I mentioned on the show, you know you've baked a moist cake if you can press on it and see an indent from your finger.
 
I hope y'all love these recipes. If you try them out and post pics on social media, please tag me! I would love to see them.  Don't forget to tune into CORA-ntine Cuisine everyday at 5 pm PST.

 



Also in CatChat

Last Week on CORA-ntine Cuisine!
Last Week on CORA-ntine Cuisine!

Hey y'all! This past week was one for the books. Not only did we celebrate Greek Easter, but it was also my son Caje's birthday! I got to chat with some incredible special guests including Cameron Mathis, David Burtka, Scott Evans, Chef Andrew Zimmern and superstar film director Tate Taylor! I'm going to share a few of my favorite recipes from last week and fill you in on some of the topics we discussed.
The Latest On CORA-ntine Cuisine
The Latest On CORA-ntine Cuisine

 I've had so much fun on CORA-ntine Cuisine this past week. I got to chat with several special guests including Chef Ingrid Hofffman, Chef Dominique Crenn, Cake Wars host Jonathan Bennet and my partners at the Little Kitchen Academy, Felicity and Brian Curin. There's been one common theme in all of my chats so far and that theme is positivity.
When You Want Comfort Pasta
When You Want Comfort Pasta

I know plenty of y'all are making pasta for dinner. If you've been making the classic spaghetti with red sauce for the past couple weeks, it might be time to try a new pasta recipe. This week, I'm sharing two of my favorite ones.