Makes 2 Loaves of Mandel bread
3/4 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1⁄4 tsp Salt
3 cups Flour
2 tsp Baking Powder
1/3 cup Chopped Walnuts
1/3 cup Chocolate Chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 F.
2. In a medium-sized bowl, vigorously whisk the eggs, sugar and oil together. Add the salt and vanilla extract and whisk once more.
3. In a large bowl, combine the flour and baking powder.
4. Pour the egg mixture, walnuts and chocolate chips into the flour. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, stir the mixture together to form the dough. It will be sticky. Do not over mix the dough.
5. Lightly grease a rimmed sheet pan. Divide the dough in two. Shape each Mandel Bread on the sheet pan into a 3 X 12-inch loaf. The dough should be 3/4 of an inch thick.
6. Bake for 23 minutes. Remove from the oven, and let cool for 5 minutes, then cut into 1-inch wide slices.