Total Time: 55 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
jalapeño pepper(s), 1 medium
crumbled feta cheese, 4 tsp
plain fat free Greek yogurt, 1 Tbsp
fresh oregano, ¼ tsp, finely chopped
garlic powder, 1 pinch, or to taste
panko breadcrumbs, 2 Tbsp
kosher salt, 1 pinch, or to taste
black pepper, 1 pinch, or to taste
egg(s), 1 large
plain fat free Greek yogurt, 1 Tbsp, for garnish (optional)
fresh lime juice, ⅛ tsp, or to taste, for garnish (optional)
lime zest, ⅛ tsp, or to taste, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut jalapeño in half lengthwise, cut off stem, and scrape out seeds; set aside.
- Combine feta, yogurt, oregano, and garlic powder in a cup. Combine panko, salt and pepper in another cup.
- In a small bowl, whisk egg.
- Divide cheese mixture between jalapeño halves. Dredge each half in egg mixture, then roll in panko, pressing lightly so panko sticks to jalapeño.
- Gently set coated peppers, cut side up, on a small sheet pan. Bake until filling is bubbling and panko is golden, about 30 minutes.
- Remove from tray, allow to cool for 10 minutes, and serve while still warm (add an optional topping of plain nonfat Greek yogurt mixed with lime juice, lime zest and salt).
- Makes 1 serving (2 poppers).
*If you are interested in learning more about WW and how you can approach a healthier lifestyle, click here to find out more…and get one month free*!